Saturday, January 29, 2022

Don't You Just Love It When Things Start Falling Into Place?

Our family has been working hard to incorporate more Spanish in our lives in 2022.  

This morning, we woke up to a beautiful snowfall which also meant that my little one's Spanish class was on zoom today.  He argued and tried to convince us to allow him to skip the class, but it was a short session and I was curious as to what they actually do in class (and how much my son actually participates!)

I was so pleasantly surprised that, after a slow start, he actively participated and even make some silly jokes in Spanish. He was one of few that answered questions about the cuento they read : El Muñeco de Nieve.  He even sang a song about invierno. I was proud of him.

This weekend, my boys helped me test out a few of my activities for the 100 Días del Colegio celebration. They completed a text prompt:



and a worksheet:


Freddie even indulged me with a mini photo session of him playing with the celebration bracelets:




Lunch this afternoon was in Spanish.
My older son just came back from the grocery store, speaking in Spanish with his dad.
Tonight, my youngest is looking forward to reading a cuento about yet another muñeco de nieve and my older two have asked to watch an episode of "Casa de Papel" with us!

I'm thrilled that with a little more effort, my boys are beginning to feel more confident again with their Spanish! 

While (if I'm being completely honest) it's not always easy or even always successful, encouraging my sons to use their target language is so important. I think it's also important for them to see that even if they take a break or even forget Spanish for a while, they can always come back to it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment